Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Law and Order - L'Chaim!

Last night there was another "new" Episode of Law and Order on Channel One. We don't have cable, so all we have are channels One and Two. And there's really not that much to watch. It's a bit of a change for me from other points in my life where I watched much more TV. But I don't mind so much, there's much more to do than just TV. But Law and Order - that's the stuff. It's on at 11 PM (and SVU is on at 11:45 PM on Sat. Night) and I'll be exhausted the next day, but I don't want to tape it. I want to watch it now - my little bit of instant gratification.

Now I work in the Israeli equivalent of the DA's office (although I am not a lawyer). So that gives the show another perspecitive, and I sometimes ask the lawyers about what they think about the show. Sometimes realistic, sometimes not, sometimes could happen here, sometimes only in the US.

But one thing that I don't think I'll ever see here is the free flowing liquor in all the offices. Jack McCoy is always drinking Single Malt Scotch. I've never seen anyone in any office here with any alcoholic beverage. It's a big difference in culture I guess.

That's it for now - and remember, don't call between 11 PM and 11:45 on Tuesday nights!